Saturday, September 13, 2008

Reversible Patchwork Drawstring Bag


So glad I finally got to work with my sewing machine,
have this relaxing time to post, and say hi to you guys.
Sorry if I have disappointed any of you by not posting
in so long, but I was having a tough time trying to
get used to my new schedule here.

After going through all the crazy registering thing,
I made a decision to take 7 classes this semester.
The most classes I've taken in a semester in the past
is 4... Yes, I know it will be busy and crazy at times.
I don't know how much time I will be able to allocate
for my crafting and blogging (which I enjoy a ton), but
hopefully I'll get better at time management and
come here to say hi every once a while!
I just LOVE communicating with crafting people here!!!


Reversible Patchwork Bag

Oh so this is what I finished this morning (and now in my shop.)
I kinda wanted to work on something I am used to
and can be done very quickly. I missed making the
patchwork bag that I gave for my sister, so I
decided to make a similar one.

Reversible Patchwork Bag

Piecing square patchworks is a lot of fun!
I used the same 16 kinds of fabric for the back and front
surface, but it gives a little different impression
depending on how they are arranged. Don't you think?
Most of them come from my fabric shopping trip in Japan,
and some of the others are vintage fabric that I adore.

Reversible Patchwork Bag

I realized while working in process...
"Hey, isn't it going to be a reversible bag..?"
and yes it did come out reversible! Woo hoo!
Maybe next tutorial?..hmm...



By the way, thanks so much for joining this flickr group!
I smile looking at cute fabric baskets being next to
each other. If you've made anything based on my three
sewing tutorials, please feel absolutely free to join
and share your creations there!!

I have a lot of links to beautiful fabric baskets again today.


heartFabric Basket by Barbara

heartFabric Basket by Wendy

heartFabric Basket by the demanding doll

heartFabric Basket by Knitter's Haven

heartFabric Basket by Joanna

heartFabric Basket by Happysquirrel

heartFabric Basket by Sherri

heartFabric Basket by Cybele's patch

heartFabric Baskets by Nancy and her friends

heartFabric Basket by Tozz

heartFabric Basket By Amy

heartFabric Basket by Julz

heartFabric Basket by quilting canuck

heartFabric Basket by Karen

heartFabric Basket by Jo

heartFabric Basket by Cinnamon Stitched Primitives

Thanks a lot for making fabulous fabrics and sharing!


Thanks for reading!


22 comments:

  1. I love the reversible patchwork bag...it is so adorable! Good luck with all of the classes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much again for adding my basket link on your last post i have had tonnes of people looking at my little blog because of it.would love to see a tutorial for your draw string bag.i love the inside fabric its my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the patchwork bag - very sweet! Now I'm going to have a peek at the basket tutorials you've posted - I've already made 8 of *your* baskets, lol.

    Good luck with your classes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. More cute things to try. Thankyou so much! I just made one of your little fabric baskets . I saw it on Julz's site so had to do one. I intend to try it in other sizes.
    Thanks very much for sharing this project, Ali in New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing what you find when you go bloghopping, I fell in love with your little basket as soon as I saw it! Thanks for sharing it with us all. I'll add it to the flicker group soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I finally got my old sewing machine from my father, so now I'm really looking forward to making some of your designs:0) I'll join the flickr group when I've completed something<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been missing you! The bag is sooo cute! I just got some new fabrics so I'm finally going to make a bag like this one or a basket. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What cute bags! My hubby asked if you had a tutorial when he saw the bag you made your sister he wanted to whip some up, somehow he got the sewing gene that I am missing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your reversible patchwork bag is lovely! I have to find time to make your basket! I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love it. Your ideas are fabulous. They take off like wild fire! Your use of fabric is part of the reason that gets us so excited. I love the use of color and depth your fabrics lend to projects. I have a growing Japanese fabric stash and I love them so much. I consider myself a colector now. Can't wait. I hope for the tutorial. I know how busy you must be.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i have just found your blog and your patterns are absolutely lovely - will definitely be making the bag on your last post - brilliant instructions and great pics. thank you soo much.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ayumi!
    Love your new drawstring bag! Could you tell me where I can get the cording you used with it? I can't seem to find any here in Seattle...
    Good luck with your classes!
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable bag. I must do some surfing and find your tutorial on the little baskets. They are so cute, I want to make one.

    Good luck on the extra carriculum, it can be tough trying to do it all.

    ~~Fran...:c)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool bag! Nice that it's a reversible bag!
    I tagged you! Iff you wanna play along, just check my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. that bingo fabric is adorable.

    love your blog!



    -ashlee
    http://refashionist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you so much for this tutorial! i have been reading your blog for months now and i think you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this bag is darling. Sigh, I wish I had a sewing machine in Marrakech!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about information and love learning more on this. If possible, as you gain expertise, It is extremely helpful for me. would you mind updating your blog with more information?

    Penis Enlargement
    Male Enhancement Pills
    VigRX Plus

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!