Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Procrastinating...

fabric basket
According to the To-Do list I've made for this spring break,
I am supposed to do LOTS of things..lots of not fun things.
But I am spending so much time playing with fabric,
sewing, shopping at craft stores, browsing etsy shops
and ebay, and reading craft blogs, and brainstorming
what I make next, what I write next in my blog...
because these activities are much more fun and keep me happy!


fabric basket

I made the fabric basket again. Probably most of you discovered
this blog, because you found a link to this tutorial somewhere
in the blogsphere. I am very grateful for the opportunities that
the fabric basket tutorial brought for me - meeting you, seeing
your baskets, sharing ideas with you, and motivation to sew more!
Some of you asked me to make a tutorial for the patchwork
tote bag in the last post. Thanks for the fun idea! Maybe it's
going to be my next tutorial, though I can't promise when.

patchwork bag

This is another project I worked on this week based on my
own tutorial. It's going to be a gift for my friend who is
so nice to always bring yummy homemade bakery when it's
still fresh and warm. I decided to make something for her
with this muffin print fabric, and this is the result.
The lining is entirely the muffin fabric. I hope she'll notice!

scraps

Another thing I've been working on is to decrease the amount of
fabric scraps that are getting out of control.. I am trying my
best to use scraps whenever I can, but for some reasons,
they keep increasing. Some seamstresses are great at
making things using just scraps and make me want to find
efficient ways to use up my scraps!

scraps

I keep them because I know they are great resources.
They have lots of possibilities to become contributors
for my projects.

playing with scrap

I started piecing scraps together to make a drawstring bag.
I think it's a pretty good idea and can't wait to see it finished!


The fabric basket is now available in my shop;)



Thanks for looking!!


25 comments:

  1. Holy cow, you sure make some gorgeous stuff! And yes, I did come here because of the basket, but you have so much more to offer, so you have immediately been added to my rss-reader. And your tutorial to the list in my blog of tutes I want to try! Lovely stuff - I'll be back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ayumi,
    Girlfriend, you're at it again.:) creating lovely, beautiful things. Your friend is going to love this gift. I really want to try and make some of your tutes (fabric basket, etc). Have fun on spring break!!! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute bag, I'll have to check out the tutorial. I think scraps are like rabbits and metal hangars; somehow they just keep multiplying...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fabric basket! I want one! I'll just have to work through my "important to do" list and then try my hand at one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe those stash keep increasing but i love to see 'em ayumi! coz u're very goo and really good in combining 'em too! wut a great work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Divine scraps - how long have you been collecting? - just love them and I'm really into whimsy just now! Hugs - Lurline♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. such cute things! scraps do seem to multiply all on their own. you would think i wouldn't have a one left, but my boxes are still full.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even your scaps are gorgeous! I also found my way to your blog because of the fabric basket tut, but I keep coming back because your stuff is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your blog! How adorable you are! Thank you so much for the basket tutorial. I made one last night, finally, to match an apron I made for a friend. I'd love for you to see it. I plan to make another one soon to hold all of my daily supplements on the kitchen counter.

    If you'd like to see the basket I made, the wed address is:

    http://www.contra-mundum.net/Site/Blog/Entries/2009/3/26_From_the_Sewing_Table.html

    Thanks again, and have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your baskets and will, one day, get around to making one! the fabric for your friend is gorgeous and i'm sure she will love it!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your fabric basket! I need to make that as my next "me" project! :)
    Here's what I did to whittle my scraps down a little bit: http://bagsbykzk.blogspot.com/2009/03/frenzy-on-floor.html. I'm still piecing the blocks together!
    I love your blog. I always read, but I think this is my first comment. :
    KZK

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful basket! The pattern is how I found your blog, and I'm ever so glad I did.
    I love your bag of fabric scraps; I keep one too but it's not half as interesting as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The fabric baskets are still tops with me. I have made about 10 now of differnet sizes and colours. They are great as gifts or to contain gifts.
    The smallest I like to do is just right for kiddies treats. ( using 1.5 " squares )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the start you have to that drawstring bag although it looks like it would make an interesting quilt block as well. I agree with the others, my scraps don't seem to be as interesting as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm a huge fab of mixing in the fun with the to-do's. Is it bribery if you do it to yourself? So beautiful...you make the most gorgeous pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are absolutely ADORABLE! I love your cute crafts and the quilt for your sweetie was so much fun! I'll be back! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really love your blog and read it all the time!!! You've really inspired me. I love the fabrics you use together!!! Your blog is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Good luck with the scraps. They seem to keep multiplying no matter how many you use. I love the fabric basket and think they would be great to use as gift baskets.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your blog and your talented eye!! Your stuff is incredible. Made a couple of your reversible patchwork bags for my grandgirls. I have some silky penguin fabric that I'd love to send you. Let me know if you would like it. Ill send pics if you want.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm also trying to use up scraps. I made rugs because I've got so many odd shaped pieces...Hmm, I wonder what else I can make. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you so much for your hard work on your fabric basket tutorial! I changed it up a bit to make my son's Easter Basket:
    http://createstudio.blogspot.com/2009/04/easter-basket-tutorial.html

    Thank you for the inspiration!

    -Sarah from Create Studio
    www.createstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a fabulous blog! I just wanted to say how much I love your beautiful creations! I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. The tutorial did bring me to your site :)

    This is such a great website. I can't wait to finish looking through all of your posts...so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ok, wow again. I promise I'll stop stalking you now. But i love patchwork so much, and you do it so well! Sigh. Patchwork heaven :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!