Saturday, March 14, 2009

More Potholders

Potholders

Thanks a million for your loveliest comments for my last post.
I really enjoy hearing what you think about what I make,
and reading comments from you guys gives me such happy
pleasant moments. Thanks so much for that!!
I have some potholders and coasters I want to share with you today.

potholder

This one is definitely one of my faves.
I never thought about combining fabrics of blue flowers and
pink flowers until I actually put them together and found
out that it is really cute! Most of my crating time is
spent on "thinking." I don't give up until I come up with
a fabric combination that I really love.

potholder

Oh, how I love this ribbon next to the cute flower fabric!

potholder

This cute fabric again for the back side of the potholder.


potholder

I recently got the blue/pink flower feedsack from ebay,
and I am seriously in love. I really wanted to make
something with it, and this is the result ;)

potholder

I love gray..maybe one of my favorite colors.
The combination of pink and gray.. so nice!

potholder

I used this linen fabric I got in Japan for the back side.
I think it matches pretty well with the front side!


potholder
Another Spring colors potholder. Fun!

potholder

Some of these fabrics came from Japan, some from a local
fabric shop in California, some from Yakima, and some
vintage fabric that I found online and had to snatch.
My stashes come from everywhere!!

potholder

Japanese kitchen fabric for the back side.


potholder

I love the effect of the zigzag stitch for this one.

potholder

I simply love it.

potholder

And this fabric again ;)


potholder

I hope you guys are not bored yet, because I have many
more photos to go! This red/aqua one makes me smile.
A girl making an apple pie - supposed to be the theme for this.

potholder
Fun fun!


potholder

This one is really cool too. Makes me think of a
spring day with the freshest air.

potholder

Back side that kinda matches with the front.

That's it for the pothlders for today. I sure enjoyed
making them. Throughout the last week I was daydreaming
about what to make with what fabrics while what I should
have been thinking about is midterms coming up. haha.

coasters from scraps

And this morning I was again procrastinating by getting
busy making these coasters. They are entirely made from
my scrappy stash. To show them individually..

coaster
coaster
coaster
coaster

Makes me want to make more coasters!!!

All the items in this post have been listed in my shop!


Thanks for coming & reading!

Have a great weekend!




23 comments:

  1. soo lovely! your creations always make me smile =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every potholder and coaster is beautiful, and my favorite was the red/aqua it makes me smile too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the potholders, you do do wonderful work, I have tried to make potholders before, never much good at it...maybe I will try again???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg, you're sewing faster than me! I love your cute potholders! How do you do it? I only work part-time ... I don't get it. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Someone has been very busy. Nice work. Thanks for posting the pretty potholders. Take care, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. These fabrics are just so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made some scrappy coasters a couple of weeks ago... yours look fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love your style! Scrappy but also so clean and polished. I linked to your reversible patchwork bag on my blog. I'm trying to use up my scrap stash (I'm finding it takes quite a while!!!)

    Thanks for sharing your projects and designs. They are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your helpful answer to my question on the last post. Now you point it out, it makes complete sense! I will try that.
    Fran x

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the coaster of with the gnome on!!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh the are all gorgeous...
    makes me want to turn the stove on...
    lovely colours...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, those are so lovely! I have been needing some inspiration to get myself back into the sewing mood - and I think you've done it! :)

    My question though - do you have to use any sort of special fabric inbetween the layers - something heat resistant? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the potholders and coasters! the fabrics you chose are perfect and super cute together!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi ayumill!all these while,I'm a silent reader of your blog. your handmade's are really awesome! and guest wat, I already linked you on my blog! keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are AWESOME! This inspires me to make more potholders - I love your fabric combinations and especially love the zig zag stitch you did on some of them :)!

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the best! You rock! You have quite the eye for mixing and matching fabrics and making it look sweet as pie :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving the red/aqua combo for the potholder and the off-kilter coasters!

    ReplyDelete
  18. ayumi.. wut a neat and nice hand made dear! love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ohh there ALL so great! The patchwork is perfect. Your eye for detail is so good! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love these potholders. I have the same question as Stacy...what do you use in between the fabrics that make them heat resistant...Thanks for sharing...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much everyone!!

    Barb-
    I hope you try making them. You're great at making quilts! Potholders are much easier than quilts!

    Billie-
    Thanks so much for snatching my potholders for your kitchen! I realized that the busier I am with other things, the more sewing projects I get done. This is funny, but I guess I just have to sew crazy if I know I am not supposed to, haha ;)

    Stacy and beewitchinstichin-
    Thanks for asking about the batting. I use insulated batting that you can find at Joann and at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The potholders are super cute! It makes me want even more to develop my quilting skills... some day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!