Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Quickest Project


Bag
Loves2experiment over Oregon was so kind to mail me this sweetest
handmade gift: "ayumi" stamp. *smile* I truly love it.

I have been very interested in carving my own stamp using erasers
like she did. I've collected everything I need to start. This Japanese
stamp-making book
, an x-act knif, and even a couple of big erasers
that are specifically made for carving stamps out of.
But the question is then, "why don't I begin?".
Well, I am quite terrible at drawing. Even just tracing seems
a little intimidating to me.

But thanks a lot to Loves2experiment, now I have my own
original name stamp that's way cuter than I would make
by myself! Woo hoo!!



So I used the stamp to make this little "ayumi" bag.
It was quick. No lining. No patchwork. Not even caution to
sew neatly. This time I wanted to have fun with free-stitching.
It turned out pretty cute. I am using it to put some necessities
in including fruity gum, a chopstick, and dental floss.

Bag
Sometimes crazing sewing is fun.


By the way, thanks soooooo much for many nice comments
on my last post. I am absolutely grateful that you guys
like the tutorial and surprisingly some of you already
made super cute reversible patchwork bags!!!
You are super fast! And I love it!

Enjoy looking at..

Reversible Patchwork Bag by Hirono, Trina, Upstatelisa, PinkPaisely!

Fabric Baskets by Jane, Our Busy Little Girls, Gina, Cybele, Kalora, Tracy,
Jillian, Jacqui, Molly, Dawn, Handmaiden-Handmaiden,
AmandaJean, Kristinemhanson, Bec, Anna, Alice, Vera, Tracy in CT, MissyMack, Ali

Thanks so much! xoxo!!


Thanks for reading!


21 comments:

  1. I just love the stamp It look like your style. and the bag is just too cute. I love it.
    Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome bag! I love the tutorial! Thank U..

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the stamp it looks so good...one more thing i need to organize so everything looks more professional...
    having a little giveaway over at my blog...overseas bloggers most welcome...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The bag looks awesome! I love that you're using your stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool stamp! I would love to know how to carve one!!! I looove your bag and my daughter and I have gotten a lot of compliments on our reversible patchwork bags!!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stamp and I LOVE your little bag! It is so cute, and just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carving is fun just as a craft, it doesn't have to be 100 % perfect. When you do try I think you'll like it. Try a simple flower for experience... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. yes.....crazy sewing is always the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ayumi! I love the stamp and the bag ... so cute!

    I made a fabric basket using your tutorial. Thank you so much for the great instruction and the inspiration! I had fun making it!

    Hirono

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stamp! It's so cute - I want one :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that stamp and how you attached it

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the sensible critique. Me and my neighbor were just preparing to do some research about this. We got a grab a book from our local library but I think I learned more from this post. I am very glad to see such great information being shared freely out there.
    IRS tax lawyer | Car Title Loans

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time that i visit right here. I discovered so many beneficial thing in your blog site especially it's discussion. On the a lot of feedback on your articles, I guess I am not the only one getting the satisfaction right here! keep up a good work. xzq

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am really inspired from your blog hoping you will be there with more interesting post like this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This a really nice articl thank u so much for sharing i like it .very good publish, i actually love this web site, carry on it

    ReplyDelete
  16. it is really an awesome post really liked the innovations ,creativity and beauty. looking forward for stuff about gifts for Ramadan 2012. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi folks from Pink Penguin love this reversible patchwork bag that
    I'm currently in the process of making one & I just might make a few
    to use organize my sewing crafts & make my sewing area a lot nicer and cuter also.
    Look forward to your response A.S.A.P! TAFS this tutorial with other online viewers who may be reading this tutorial post also. TA!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi folks from Pink Penguin love this reversible patchwork bag that
    I'm currently in the process of making one & I just might make a few
    to use organize my sewing crafts & make my sewing area a lot nicer and cuter also.
    Look forward to your response A.S.A.P! TAFS this tutorial with other online viewers who may be reading this tutorial post also. TA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. http://www.merapakistan.net
    http://jobs.merapakistan.net
    http://www.ilmkajahan.com
    http://blog.ilmkajahan.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!