Monday, July 7, 2008

Passport Cozy


passport cozy

A very fast project! A passport cover. I made this upon a custom order. Her request for it was to be simple and made with linen and vintage fabric, and this is how my result turned out. I find "simple" to be one of the most difficult requests since I love making things absolutely opposite from being simple, as you probably have noticed by now! But I always like to challenge myself and try new things! ;)


passport cozy


But I know the great thing about simple things is that they won't get old so quick. Things too fancy makes you tired to look at after a short period of time, but simple and plain things have some sort of allure for you not to get tired of for a long time. So probably the girl will use this passport cover for a long time! That's very good! That's even the best!! Yes!!


Shhhhhhhhhh...! Here's a little secret for her. hehe. Her initial letter on the back of the front page! One time I received a handmade gift that had my name on it. "Ayumi" stamped on a ribbon sewn onto the little pouch. It just made me smile and still makes me happy every time I see it and think about her being so careful to stamp each letter of my name. I think a name given is special to everyone.




Wow! it's 1:30am! What am I doing?

I am not tired at all! I guess I shall do some sewing and reading..
Yes! I am reading a novel now! Woo hoo! This is a nice announcement!

happyrabbit

.........What's so special about it?

Well, I used to be a big reader when I was in Japan but not anymore. In fact, I've only read the books that were assigned by school since I moved to this country. I brought several Japanese books to read with me when I moved here but soon I found that reading books in Japanese was interfering with my English-learning process. Because I got frustrated I entirely stopped reading Japanese novels at some point.
It would have been great if I could've moved toward English books, but I was too lazy to finish readng books in a different language. Millions of new vocabulary, expressions, and the cultures behind it to understand the meaning seriously killed me and I found reading to be so tough!

The reason I started reading spontaneously is that I thought maybe I have enough English skills to enjoy a book now, if it isn't a complicated one like ones written by Mark Twain, which I had to read for an English class and killed me really bad. And I also thought I want to expand my vocabulary and ways to express emotion and actions to be a better blogger!! Some crafty bloggers are not only good at creating things but also expressing in words on their blogs! I got jealous. so that's why.

I am actually really enjoying this book, the Bright Forever. I like myself reading in the bus, on the couch, in the bed, feeling like I am gaining knowledge day by day. I like this feeling a lot! So if you have any books that you want to recommend for me, please leave a comment to let me know! I feel like reading a love-story book or a story about someone with psychological problems or something. And of course most importantly, I enjoy easy-reading!

usa-n-1-1-3-20.gif


Thanks for reading!



10 comments:

  1. I love your blog! Realy like the things you make. The passport cozy is great. I like the initial on it and the fabrics you used are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a very good idea!
    I love that you do, patchwork and big dog, and...

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fun easy read, and it's a series, so it'll keep you busy all summer, the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer.

    http://www.amazon.com/Twilight-Saga-Book-1/dp/0316015849/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215545384&sr=8-1

    Sorry, I don't know how to do the linky thing : ) They're fun, fast reads and a great romance and some vampire action in there too! Highly addictive : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisette-
    I really like what you create too! I think we have very similar taste in sewing!

    Red de rouge-
    Thanks for saying that!! ;)

    Brianna-
    Oh thanks you soooooo much for your recommendation!! It's getting a really high rating too on Amazon. It must be a really good one. I think I've seen it at a bookstore too but have never turned a page! It will be my next one to read! Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! Ayumi-san!
    I like your this blog more than Rakuten's.
    Because I found out you really enjoy updating blog when I see and read it.You enjoy updating it more than Rakuten's, right?

    and I know how you feel!
    I've been a book worm.
    So I like reading Japanese books.
    Per say, Haruki Murakami....
    He write very interesting novels.
    But how about English books?
    Mmmm.. I read only two books in English.the book that I read is Dorothy Gilman's. She is American.
    it's very easy to read for me.
    But Harry Potter was hard to read for me. So I gave up reading it.
    Recently I haven't read books in English, but my English must improve day by day. So I wanna read Harry Potter again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cute passport cozy! I'm sure the recipient loved it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are well made with eye-catching creative touches.

    I am amazed to learn that English isn't your native language. You express yourself very well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. aya-san-
    I've read a short story by Haruki Murakami in both English and Japanese, but then I really felt reading in Japanese was a lot more interesting. Was so natural to feel the background behind what the main character experiences and stuff!

    Casserole-
    Thanks! Luckily she did like it!

    Anne-
    Thanks! It really makes me smile when I get complemented on my English! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A small book that you might like is called "The Little Prince" by Antoine de St Exupery. It looks like a children's book but it is for everyone really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A late comment, but your fabric choices inspired me for months... Here's the result! Thanks and keep up the great blogging!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!