Friday, November 15, 2019

Dresden Photo Frame Pattern


So I finally finished up my pattern for Dresden photo frame. Yes, it took me only 5 years. That's it! lol. For those of you who have kindly reached out to me and asked if I would make this into a pattern back then, thank you SO very much and I am very sorry it took me all these years. The pattern will be always available for you in my shop now.  


This is probably one of my favorite things I made for the Japanese magazine (Patchwork Tsushin, that has unfortunately ended its publication.) I recall having a lot of fun choosing my very favorite picture of my daughter from the birth to 1 month period, 1 month to 2 month period, and so on. I still hang up these pictures on the wall and I get good comments on them often from guests. It sure is a cheerful way of framing some precious pictures. Depending on the type of fabric you use, this can be pretty versatile pattern. It can be a personalized Christmas ornaments for example. :)


Because I wanted to make sure that even a beginner can tackle this project, I included 40 step-by-step photos for a tutorial, a lot like my tutorials in this blog.

This project requires you to print petal patterns on cardstock (or matte photo paper) which I know isn't necessarily at everyone's house, so I made several kits available for my shop also. A kit of this pattern includes a printed PDF, petal patterns printed on cardstock like paper, and stabilizer piece that has patterns already drawn on for you, so you can start making your frame right away with your fabric.

Both PDF download and Kit will be on sale - 15% off - til November 22nd.

Thank you so much for reading! 

Have a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful :-)))
    Greetings from the city of Dresden.
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute. I love hour picture on IG with the vintage sewing pattern in it. Adorable. And perfect for Christmas ornaments. All your projects are so charming. Happy to see you on IG. I remember the old blog days and you were always a favorite. Xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!