Let me start with this just because it's prettier.
I started making two simple patchwork placemats.
I'll probably choose linen to fill the middle part
of the placemats and use brown bias tapes to finish the edges.
Each little square patch measures 2" x 2" after sewn.
I might play a little with alphabet stamps or embroidery
on the linen just to add some fancy features ;)
Here is a pair of boxer shorts for Joe that I finished yesterday!
I modified this pattern slightly to make them shorter
than it's supposed to be. I am really REALLY pleased with
how it turned out. This is the second garment I made for Joe.
The first one was a pair of pajama shorts that I sewed up a long
time ago back when we were in Seattle. They were awful.
I made a whole bunch of mistakes while sewing the pajama
shorts (including the choice of fabric) but somehow I managed
to come to the point where I called it "finished."
Joe appreciates everything handmade, so he still wears
them during the winter, and that simply makes me smile ;)
I've wanted to make boxers for him because they're something
he can wear throughout the year. And I thought it might be
a creative way to save money on buying manufactured boxer shorts.
I had him pick up the fabric for them at Joann. I get scared
every time I ask him to pick fabric for projects because very
often he chooses fabric that I strongly dislike.
He would for instance choose extremely tacky Asian print,
you know, like those with humongous realistic tigers with
temples behind them or something. I was relived this time
since his choice was within my OK range. LOL.
This fabric was cheap! It's nicely firm cotton, but it didn't
even cost as much as $3/yard, so the total
expense on this project was less than $5. Not bad!!!
I'll definitely make more!
Thanks for coming and reading!