Monday, October 14, 2019

Mini Liberty Tote


Thank you so much for all of you for welcoming me back so warmly. To be honest, it was extremely nerve wrecking to post something on the blog and instagram. It is just so wonderful to have time to enjoy sewing without feeling any guilt now.


As you can see I am still addicted to Dresden plate applique. At least this time I made a little difference by having two petals away, like "He loves me not" daisy. Most fabric I used for the Dresden plate is Liberty of London that I had bought in Japan. As much as I love Liberty of London, I can't afford a whole lot, so most Liberty of London I have is only a fat eighth or even smaller.


It felt great to be able to play with small scraps of Liberty. Goodness they are so pretty together. I've listed this mini tote in the shop.


Have a great rest of the week!

17 comments:

  1. It's lovely! I got a liberty scrap bag from purl soho once and have used the tiny pieces for covered buttons, collar trims, etc. - nice to see another idea for how to use them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Buttons covered in liberty fabric sound so lovely! What a great idea!

      Delete
  2. It's so cute. Liberty is gorgeous. I justify my Liberty 'scraps' and will buy a fat eighth instead of a coffee if I'm at or near the fabric shop. hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww how nice you have a local shop that sells a fat eighth Liberty! I would totally buy it instead of coffee too!

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous little bag - and a cute little boy! Are you going to do a pattern for the bag? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lin! Thank you for asking me about the bag and I am sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Somehow I stopped receiving a notification email when a comment is posted.
      I don't know about the bag but making a pattern with something with dresden would be fun!!

      Delete
  4. I do love Liberty and keep even the tiniest scraps because they can make all the difference and turn a project into something special. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you. There is something so special about Liberty. The design is so teeny tiny which allows us to utilize smallest pieces!

      Delete
  5. So sweet to see little handsome pants Hayato. He has grown. Time goes so quickly.
    I have a few Liberty scraps too and use them carefully.
    This bag is beautiful, Ayumi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw your precious tote on instagram and absolutely love it! makes me want to pull out my liberty scraps...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellyn! It is always fun to play with liberty scraps, isnt it!

      Delete
  7. Your sweet tote is so lovely - and fun! What a great take on the Dresden! Such a cute sense of humor! And your son....so very precious and he looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! He sure looks happy in the photo! It's too cold to have him wear a shirt like that. I miss warm weather :)

      Delete
  8. Como siempre, precioso.
    Saludos desde EspaƱa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!