Friday, September 28, 2012

Thank you and your Super Penguin Blocks!


First off, thank you SO MUCH for your super thoughtful and encouraging comments and emails about my book! It was quite nerve-wracking to spill the beans. Your sweet words touched my heart so much I don't know how many times I found myself teary. Thank you, thank you, thank you to all of you! Inside the book is a collection of projects I had wanted to make for a long time. I love the projects in it and my fingers are tightly crossed that you will like them too! A Sew-Along for the book? I had never thought about that until several friends suggested, but I love what I hear!

The slide show above is a collection of your creations with super penguin QAL blocks that have been posted in this flickr pool! I don't think I am the only one drooling over those lovely blocks!! Thank you for everyone who is quilting along and is sharing your photos there. I love them so much!! I am now working on blocks for October now. (It will be a bit late again!) Can't wait to share them with you!

Tomorrow, September 29th is when the lovely Kelly of suprbuzzy holds a paper-piecing class at superbuzzy's store in Ventura, California from 1pm to 4pm! If you have been itching to learn paper-piecing those super penguin blocks and happen to be a neighbor to her shop, I would love to invite you to take the class with her! It will be a great opportunity to meet up with crafy friends ;) More details here!

I'll be back with October blocks!

Have a lovely weekend!


14 comments:

  1. A sew along for the book sounds like a fabulous idea!
    I'm going to try very hard to get all the blocks from superbuzzy next month and catch up! I love them so very much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely up for a sew along for the book.
    Such fantastic news
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. really wishing i lived in california right now! it would be so fun to go to that class! instead we are going to be camping... in idaho! ;) xo have a great weekend my friend and i can't wait for the sew along with YOUR BOOK!!!! ;) xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!!!!....a sew along for your book!...count me in:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope we can do the sew along in a not-too-busy month, like maybe January or February? But whatever month it is, I'm in! Look forward to October's blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow Ayumi I've just seen the fantastic news about your book! Amazing!! I'm so pleased for you, you totally deserve it and I will most definately be purchasing that when it comes out in the UK :)
    Love everyones penguin QAL blocks too, you make the best designs!
    Jessie, xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning blocks by everyone there! What creativity and talent you have inspired A! I'd def. be up for a QAL with your new book! Jxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh I would definitely do a sew along for your book! Sign me up!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the book! What talent you have. Would love a sew-along.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited about your book, I can't wait for it to come out. A sewalong sounds brilliant fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ayumi, the slide show was amazing. It's the nature of your designs and the example that you set with fussy cutting the little pieces that encourages people to take what are already pretty designs and make them into superlative blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think a sew along sounds perfect!!!!! You have to do one now =D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm late to the party on finding out about your book, but yay!!! How amazing! I just made a second popsicle this weekend, actually! I'm sort of finding myself getting addicted to paper-piecing. It's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm Margherita.Your works are very beautiful, congratulations.I follow you.Bye

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!