Thursday, July 26, 2012

Texting while Sewing Conest



"Texting while sewing" is definitely something I love to do; in fact,
I rarely ever sew anything without texting! Typography fabric has
become really popular among quilters in the past few years, and I am
loving the fact that the availability of the fabrics with text designs
just keeps getting better and better!

Amy of During Quiet Time came up with this fun contest where
she invites you to enter a 12" block made using some text
prints creatively. You can enter it by blogging about your block and
the contest and linking up via a Linky post on Amy's blog which
will be up August 27, 28 and 29, 2012!

A great thing about this contest is freedom! You can use whatever
method you are comfortable with; normal piecing, paper-piecing,
English-piecing, applique, and whatever! You can go ahead and
create your own text fabric (printing on fabric? stamping?) if
there aren't perfect text fabrics. Also, you can enter more
than one block if you wish! (Separate blogposts will be necessary.)

And of course there are lots of awesome prizes! Check them out here!

Amy will choose top ten, and Kerry and I (!!) will be the
judges to pick the top three entries among the ten! I hope
you will consider entering your texty block to this contest!!
I am so dying to see what everyone will come up with!!!

Here isthe flickr group for the contest if you are anxious to share your block ;)
Text prints can be found in a lot of stores now. (I have some in my shop too ;) )

Hope you are having a great day!



10 comments:

  1. What a fun contest!!! I just took a peek at the flickr group and WOW there are some gorgeous blocks in there already!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab idea, I will put my 'thinking tiara' on ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE "texting" fabrics .... sounds like a fun contest .....will have to fire up the sewing machine and try to come up with some kind of "brilliant" plan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun this sounds... I wonder if I have time to come up with something. Good luck with the judging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun contest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ayumi,My daughter's blog LookbookUnlimited is began broadcasting...I hope, you do support her:)))Have a nice day:))

    ReplyDelete
  7. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!
    laser hair removal // fue hair transplant

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had a great time reading your article and I found it interesting. This is such a beautiful topic that me and my friends are talking about. Thanks for this blog, we are enlightened.
    Toronto Limo Service

    ReplyDelete
  9. i read the article its a nice article its have a lot of information thanks author for the nice article.
    Toronto Limo Service

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!