Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Leaving for Japan

shhh project #2

Thank you for your love about the Christmas
gifts I sent this year :) I truly appreciate that
you took the time to leave me a comment when it's
really busy and precious time of the year.. thank you :)

I will be leaving for Japan today. LOL
Wonder what in the world I am doing by sitting at
the table to do a blog post? Hehe it might sound crazy
but I am making a point of getting as worn-out as
possible given the fact that I will be heading to
San Francisco airport in 5 hours.
11 hours in the plane is no fun. How I utilize this
amount of time in the plane is always something I
try to be creative about. I don't really have a book
I want to read this time, so I am hoping I will be
able to stitch some embroidery, but you know a needle/
scissor that I put in my bag already might be taken
away at the security check-in. So,, in that case,
I need to SLEEP! or.. maybe I'll find a book to
read at the airport..

Anyways, I am really, REALLY excited about this trip.
I have been away from my home country for two and
a half years and this is the longest ever. And this
is the first time to see my family in Japan after
I got married. My family has seen Joe many times
before and they thought there is no any other guy
like him out there who is super sweet and who could tolerate
my selfishness. lol. And I know they were humbly and secretly
hoping that we would get married. I know it will mean a lot for
them to see us as "married" for the first time.

Oh and we have a gazillion plans over there.
I think it will be a lot of fun. LOTS of fun.

I don't know how often I can blog while I am in Japan,
but I'll definitely have much less time to spend on
computer, so I may not be able to reply emails/comments
as soon as I usually do. But I will do my best to respond asap
so feel free to send me emails if you have questions
about my tutorials, etc.

Suzuko coaster - fail (><)!

This is the coaster I made for Suzuko Koseki
to give to her at Tokyo Quilt Festival along with
17 other coasters made by creative folks who
are my blog friends/SK fans :) I messed up this
coaster though. Each coaster is supposed to be
4.5" x 4.5" which was something I decided, but
I realized after I am done that mine is 5" x 5".
Yikes that's not great. I'll see if I can make another
one in Japan - if not, I will have to chop off
the binding. I'll have a blog post where I introduce
each contributor for this project... you'll be
amazed at ALL the amazing coasters.. see?

Oh speaking of Japan, I love, love, and love
this mini Japan quilt that Leslie of goodness
made for her baby girl. I love the quilt, but
what I love more is the thought she put into
the project. So touching...

Ok, maybe I am getting a bit too tired...

I'll try to post lots of pictures from Japan..:)

In case I can't blog in a few days..
Have a happy, happy new year!

Thanks again for your time to stop by!



32 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time. This is almost like a honeymoon trip for you.......so enjoy being home.
    You will be closer to me in Australia when you are in Japan........

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great new year too-and a wonderful trip :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that big is super cute!! have a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. bag bag bag bag..sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have the best time! Your coaster is beautiful- you have managed to fit so many SK prints into a tiny space and the style is very you :) I know you'll work the size thing out. Excited for you seeing your family again x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your trip home with your husband. I hope you take it all in and return with great stories and memories of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time! By the way, my last trip to Texas..I took small scissors, several needles and 3 separate stitchery project plus my knitting and needles for that!! I bet you will be able to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm totally jealous! Japan is definitely one of the locations to hit. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ayumi! you are amazing. Have the best trip ever home! Your family will be so happy I'm sure. And totally scoop up all the fabric you can. :) The coast looks so beautiful. I love that project, can't wait to see them all together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely coaster that is! And I wish you and your hubby all the best during your stay in Japan...!

    私はここ20年くらい(笑)日本でお正月を過ごしていないのでとっても羨ましいです~。 思いっきり満喫してきて下さいね! 良いお年を~☆

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful trip to Japan! A very happy new year to you and your loved ones!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Safe travels and many, many blessings for a happy, joyous new year! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a nice trip to Japan - and happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Feliz viaje!!! Feliz año!!! y gracias por todo lo que nos brindas!!! Muchos besos desde la lejana Argentina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Have a lovely time Ayumi! I hope the ii hour plane trip goes *quickly* (and safely) for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The feelings of coming back your hometown are SO emocional!
    I wish you all the best for 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Have a great visit with your family! Be safe.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Safe travels to you and Joe. Enjoy your family time (did you bring an empty suitcase for fabric?). I can't wait to see your photos from the quilt show!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can take scissors with blades under 4 inches...check the TSA website for guidelines and have a wonderful trip! http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm#4

    ReplyDelete
  20. Have a great trip and and a wonderful New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Querida Ayumi!!!!! Desejo muitas felicidades nessa sua viagem ao Japão!!!! FELIZ ANO NOVO!!!!!
    Gostaria de saber porquê essa peça é "montanha russa". kkkk Deus abençoe, proteja e ilumine vc e toda sua família nos 365 dias de 2011. Um abração com muito carinho. Beijos. Marize/Maceió/Alagoas/BRASIL

    ReplyDelete
  22. best wishes Ayumi! hope you enjoy your time in Japan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope you enjoy your time in Japan!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. ♥¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´♥♥.¸.•´¸.•*´¨)
    ........|___|...
    ........|000|...
    ........|000|...
    ........|000|...
    ........|000|...Felíz año 2011 !!
    .........\00/....
    ..........\0/..... Te deseo mucho amor,
    ...........||..... alegrías, paz,
    ...........||..... y esperanza.
    ...........||......UN Abrazo
    ........._||_.... CLAU
    ♥¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´♥♥.¸.•´¸.•*´¨)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Enjoy your trip to Japan! The bag with the ruffle is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you have a nice safe trip. My sisters and mom just got back from there after visiting with family on my mom's side and they brought me back lots of treasures (lots of fabric!). They had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful cupcake bag and cakes that don't go straight to the hips - as always amazing creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ayumi have a great trip....enjoy yourself and gather loads of inspiration and share them with us soon! Have a great New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the moment to leave a comment ;) I always love hearing from you!